QuickBooks accounting software is the shining star of the current time. It is especially designed for the small and medium sized businesses. Intuit releases QuickBooks upgrades for its different products in regular intervals. Upgrade process is easy but if not followed properly the user can face issues. In It is important to upgrade the QuickBooks product and the company files to the newer version.
Why QuickBooks Upgrade is Important?
• To use the enhanced and new QuickBooks features that improves the performance of the software.
• When the new version of the operating system is released QuickBooks launches new version that is compatible with the new Operating System.
• As per the Intuit service policy where it will not provide support for the products that are two versions older. It will offer support for the latest version plus two versions back.
If you want free QuickBooks upgrade you need to purchase the latest version of QuickBooks accounting software. You need to fulfill two criteria to avail free upgrade. They are:
• Got QuickBooks within 60 days or less before the newer version is released.
• Registered for first time for QuickBooks within 60 days or less before the newer version is released.
How to Upgrade QuickBooks Company File?
• Install the latest version of QuickBooks Desktop
• Select Company File -> Open/Restore Company
• Choose Open a company file -> Click Next
• Browse to your data file -> Click Open
• Go through the information in Update Company File for new version window -> Click Update now
• Read the guidelines to prepare a file backup and choose a location to save it.
• Once you view the message it asks – Do you want to continue?
• Click yes to continue
• When the company file is upgraded you need to perform the following:
- Save the backup copy prepared in a secure location
- In case you have copied the company data file from a separate computer for upgrade, you can again copy it
- If you fail to locate the company data file in its original place you can search your hard drive for *.qbw files
- If your US QuickBooks Desktop Payroll is attached, you can thoroughly check your payroll service by log in to your account via Employees – > My Payroll Service -> Account Information/Preferences.
If you fail to perform the above steps or upgrade is not successful you can contact QuickBooks Customer Service Support. The Proadvisors are available round the clock to offer assistance for all the issues that are reported. The support team is approachable through different modes like email support, toll free phone support number, live chat option. The QB experts assure complete guidance in minimum time frame.
Alternatively you can contact reliable QuickBooks Consulting Company that offers excellent QuickBooks support services. The in house dedicated team vouches to accord the best solution to resolve the issue in few steps. Call to the toll free QuickBooks Upgrade Support Number to connect with executive and garner immediate solutions.